A profile of writer-director David Ayer, a self-taught writer-director who has translated his experiences growing up on the rough side of Los Angeles into a growing oeuvre.
You probably know Ayer for his 2001 film Training Day, starring Denzel Washington. His new End of Watch, shot with big stars on a tiny budget, is in theaters, and his next project is the reinvention of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Film: Movie Review: End Of Watch (avclub.com)
- ‘End of Watch’ Red Band Trailer: Hyper-Violent L.A.P.D Drama (NSFW) (screencrave.com)
- End of Watch Director David Ayer on Reinventing the Cop Genre (entertainment.time.com)
- Ayer gives cop genre new twist (arabtimesonline.com)
- David Ayer Talks END OF WATCH and BREACHER Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger; Says He Wants to ‘Reinvent Arnold’ (collider.com)
- ‘End of Watch’ Director David Ayer Dishes on Jake Gyllenhaal’s Sensitive Side (VIDEO) (celebuzz.com)